- We have the capacity for understanding many more things and more
complex things, but we choose to stick with what we already know.
- Tradition is just one of society's crutches and, since I am such an
unconventional guy, another thorn in my side.
- The shadows cast upon the wall would be perceived as reality, rather than
the actual objects because the prisoners have never physically seen the
concrete, definite objects.
- The idea of me not opening up my options as much as I could
have can be seen through my stubbornness.
- Although some people may think that racism is a thing of the past,
despite their thoughts racism is not of the past, it is everywhere
you step because people who are dwelling in their ways are not
willing to accept people for who they are.
- Many see beauty queens as pretty girls with no brains that only want
"world peace," but coming from a personal point of view, I know
first hand that there is more to a beauty queen than outward appearance.
- I feel that I could have been looked at as being stubborn.
- My case is an example: it is after being exposed to
relationships with gay people that I have been able to escape from my stage
of cave dweller and consequently discover their open-minded world that is
free of judgments.
- After a couple of years of feeling pressure and feeling like he needed
to do what was expected of him he made up his mind to finally go
on his mission.
- In my opinion, if a person has led a life of kindness and has repented
for their sins, they will go to heaven regardless of how someone
leaves this world.
- Imagine walking around during the biblical times. The views people had
back then were strictly based on the Bible and what it said.
- Metaphorically it all makes perfect sense.
- Doug has never judged someones political beliefs just because
it is different than his own political beliefs.
- Usually when I meet someone it is as a result of them being
around my existing friends a lot or being in a situation in class where I have
to talk to them.
- This trust is enormous and the media is the only means of
knowing what is really happening in the government, the outside world and
more directly, the war in Iraq.
- For instance, when I talk to one of my parent's friends, I say
"yes ma'am" when I am speaking to her.
- This is also a large reason why many people are turned off by
"church folk," which they believe to be wishy-washy and lack any
dedication to their so-called beliefs.
- He is saying that when a person is presenting their
argument, they should hold back information, and say exactly what
- One of the biggest fears for people today is that they may be doing
or saying the wrong thing.
- I was amazed, however, to see that so much liquor had been consumed in the
little neighborhood; and the number of bottles convinced me that I was
seeing the signs of serious indulgence.
- I live harmoniously because I limit my thoughts by not allowing
many of them to be expressed in order for me to participate in the harmony
of my society.